Sarah Muray (2001)
The Movement of Life Sarah Murray When I opened the digital file of photos on my computer of Dolorosa’s most recent sculptures and the images poured out, I laughed. I laughed because, out of the stiff folds of bronze, the fluid but relentless energy of Dolo’s own presence came streaming. How rare for pieces of bronze to so call up life! Dolo has broadened her subjects in her most recent work – most notably, with the public sculpture. Themefor Us Today: The Crisis (2001) ; and the pieces Solidarity (2000) , Resistante (1996); Life Cycle (1997); and The Grief (2001) – but her ultimate theme remains the same: how to translate the force of life into sculpture. Unlike her pematung peer Anusapati, however, Dolo has never been interested in the more mystical, unfocused and freefloating energies of the universe – which is perhaps why wood has never fascinated her as a medium. She has always use bronze, and always focused squarely on naturalistic renderings of the human body ...

Komentar
Posting Komentar